Missionaries Dolls


 As teachers, we would always believe that a child should always have toys to play with at an very early age. This allow them to use their creativity while developing the dexterity, imagination and emotional strength. Seeing this in the Fijian museum amazed me and with a thankful heart to the missionaries, they knew and acknowledged the needs of the children present during their teaching. 

Imports and Exports were not exercised at the time hence the use of what was available from the surroundings to build these beautiful handmade dolls. Reminiscing on my younger days, the joy of receiving a Barbie doll to play with was all I wanted for Christmas. 

Therefore, imagine the joy that I had when playing with my dolls and the joy these young Fijians felt when they saw  these hand-made dolls by the missionaries.

It is an experience that I will always remember!

Comments

  1. I actually looked at dolls at Fiji airport and was glad to find some lovely Fijian baby dolls!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A heartfelt gratitude report.

Critical Reflection on reading Genesis 12 from Contesting Context.

2023 CWM Youth Consultation on Ecology and Economy in the Pacific